Friday, February 8, 2008

SIMPLE COOKIE RECIPE FROM HELOISE

I was cleaning up some drawers and found this old clipping that Rose Ann clipped out.  Heloise says "You will need:  1 (18.25 oz.) box cake mix.  2 eggs.  1/2 cup of vegetable oil.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix only  the above ingredients (nothing else) in a large bowl until blended.  Drop spoonfuls of batter onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 2" apart.  Bake for 8 minutes.  Cool and enjoy!"  I am going to try  it.  Sounds too simple, but if Heloise says it works for a good cookie, how can we go wrong.  I will let you know how it comes out.  
It was up in the mid-30s today and the sun came out.  Nice.  Winter is still here and there is a cold front coming through this weekend and we will be back to below zero again.  I worked the K of C fish fry this afternoon and tonight and it went well and I was not pooped like last week.  I worked out this morning after Mass for about an hour.  Have a great weekend, good friends and family.  

3 comments:

Brian Rogers said...

I used a house brand cake mix (HyVee Spice Cake) and made the cookies and they are GREAT. Both Rose Ann and I recommend the recipe. Thanks, Heloise!

Anonymous said...

For all of the Weight Watcher Fans, I just saw in the store today Hostess 100 calorie packs of Cinnamon coffee Cakes Only 1 point. I haven't had them but somebody at work said that they are good.

Anonymous said...

YUMMMM...I love coffee cake! I'll have to try those. Thanks!