Monday, September 7, 2009

FRUITY CHICKEN SALAD

I found this recipe in the September/October issue of Nebraska Life Magazine. The recipe from Dorothy Rieke from Julian NE and is GREAT. I made it tonight and it is YUMMY!
INGREDIENTS: 2 large chicken breasts cooked, cut into bite size pieces and cooled. 1 can (8 oz.) of mandarin oranges, drained. 1 cup of pineapple chunks, drained (save 1 tsp juice). 1 large eating apple, cored and diced just before serving. 1/4 cup of slivered almonds, toasted. I added the apples with the rest of the ingredients and did not toast the almond slivers. DRESSING: 2/3 cup mayonnaise, 1/3 cup whipped topping, 1 tsp grated orange peel, and 1 tsp of pineapple juice.
DIRECTIONS: In a large mixing bowl, mix dressing ingredients and fold into well-drained fruits, almonds and chicken. Chill. Wait to serve before adding apples. As I said, I don't think this is a big deal. Serves 8. Well, Rose Ann and I ate about half of it and we used 3 chicken breasts. ENJOY!

No comments: