Sunday, June 8, 2008

PETERSON KIDS HERE THIS SHORT WEEKEND.




Sara and Doug had a wedding and they dropped Maggie, Gray and Gertie off with us Friday night until Sunday afternoon.  We had a good time with them.  The Protzman kids were out of town all day Saturday as they went to an amusement park with a church group for the day.  So, we had fun with the kids ourselves.  Rose Ann had some one-on-one time with Gertie and Maggie seperately and Gray and I hung out.  Gray got a new fishing rod and little tackle box and wanted to go fishing in the worst way, but I do not fish and do not have a fishing license for Nebraska.  I asked a neighbor friend who is a fisherman, but he fishes in South Dakota.  So, he pretend fished off the side of my pickup and our deck, learning how to cast.  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you again for the fun get-away! Doug & I had fun in Omaha down in the Old Market and at the wedding! And what a treat to sleep in until 8:30 this morning! The kids had fun with you! They're looking forward to the fun in July when the Shives will join us!

We watched Underdog tonight. Cute movie! Gray is fun to watch a movie with because he LAUGHS OUT LOUD! I laughed harder at him than the movie! :)

Have a great week, everybody!

Anonymous said...

Brooke was just looking at the pictures of Maggie, Gray and Gertie, I was telling her who they were and she said " Oh , I remember Gray, we danced together at Amber's wedding when we were kids." Guess she considers herself grown up now.

Anonymous said...

They are so beautiful! Where in the world did all that red hair come from??? Sounds like they had fun with Grandma and Grandpa! We only have a little over 2 weeks until my boys get to see their Grandma and Grandpa. We are headed to the water park today! We aren't getting 100 degree weather, yet. Today is the hottest all week at 88! I will send some pictures!

Frau P said...

Great pics! Sounds like it was a fun weekend. Thanks for posting them.

Brian Rogers said...

It took me a minute to recall who "Frau P" was and it came to me that it is Doug's sister, Susan. Oops! I blew her cover. She teaches German language in South Dakota and has led several student tours to Germany. So, if you are going to Germany and need some advise as to what to see or where to stay or need a guide, Frau P is your person to contact.

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Hi Susan!!! Roberta, I love it when kids talk about "back when they were kids" What a riot! I really hope we can all get together in the not so distant future. It would really be fun for everybody!

Frau P said...

I completely forgot that was/is my handle on blogger. I have two blogs with them (neither of which is updated very often) and am never sure which one I've logged into. Too many passwords floating around in my head! I just got back from a technology conference and have found a new social network to try. It seems very similar to facebook, I'll let you know if I like it better. There were of course some other exciting educational presentations that I can't wait to try out, but not until AUGUST!!!