Sunday, April 13, 2008

GRANDMA LUCY IS BACK IN SCOTTSBURG



     I flew back to Scottsburg with Mother Tuesday.  She is doing much better, getting her appetite back and gaining strength.  I helped her check into an assisted living home called The Beehive on Thursday afternoon.  It is very nice and she loves it.  She says she is staying 2 weeks, but could stay longer, if she wishes.  They have no long term contracts and only have 12 rooms.  Very close knit home with plenty of help as needed and great food.  I would say she is thriving there.  I think she is especially enjoying all the special attention she is getting.  We are hoping she will stay a little longer.  I flew back to Norfolk Friday and am enjoying getting back our home.  It was good I was able to help her, but it is good to get back to "normal."  I took some pictures there which I will share.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma Lucy's room looks nice and cozy. Maybe she will like it there so much that she will decide to stay there. Brian, sure is a good thing that you have retired. Your family sure did need your help this year. Glad that you got back home safely.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear!