Friday, April 18, 2008

BUTTERNUT SQUASH

From Heloise:  "We love to eat butternut squash, and I used to dread cutting it up.  Now I microwave a whole squash for about 5 minute, and it makes the squash easier to cut up.  My recipe is to place cubes of squash in one layer on a cookie sheet.  Drizzle with olive oil and the juice of a lime.  Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees, and turn the cubes.  Bake another 20 minutes, and it's done.   From a Heloise Reader via e-mail."  Rose Ann cut this out to save. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will have to try this receipe! Thanks!

Carl and I felt the earthquake this morning - actually we heard the quake more than felt it - thinks on our bedroom dresser will moving around!

Hope you all have a good day.

Anonymous said...

CRAZY!!! Have you ever felt an earthquake there before? I seem to remember a slight tremor when we lived in Gary. I was playing in the backyard, I think.

Mom? Dad? Do you remember that?

Brian Rogers said...

I was in an earthquake when I was serving in the Army in Okinawa many years ago, but I do not remember one in Indiana. That does not mean there was not one. I just do not remember one. It sounds like this Southern Illinois quake was quite a good one. I heard one story that said a building collapsed in Louisville, KY. Other reports do not mention it.

Anonymous said...

We actually felt the earthquake too here in TN. We both woke up and heard a rattling. We didn't feel it but spent a few minutes trying to figure out what that sound was and then it was over so we went to sleep. When I read the news today I put two and two together. Crazy!

We're getting ready to go to St. Louis tomorrow morning for Ben's grandpa's 90th birthday. The party is actually on Sunday and then we'll come home on Monday. Not excited about the drive but it will be fun to be there.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!